Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Virtual Vacation to Rome

I have been soo busy at work...like Mama B, I need a vacation.  At last due to my schedule, I just can't.  So I am browsing through all my vacation photos remembering how fun it was exploring and absorbing new surroundings, culture, and people.   One of my favorite places to visit is Italy.  I visited Italy when I graduated from college, doing the whole Europe tour.  It's an experience I will never forget and highly recommend to anyone.

I love Italy so much that I decided to visit again but this time bringing my husband who has never been there.  I was his tour guide and he loved it!  He loves history, eating yummy food, learning about new cultures...so it was a sure win win!

Outside view of the Famous Colosseum

Inside the Colosseum.
Hubby taking a pic of me, CHEESE!


Located east of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum

View of me at the Roman Forum
One of the many ruins found in the Roman Forum

Trevi Fountain

Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II

Castel Sant'Angelo

Entrance to St. Peter's Square at the Vatican

Famous Vatican Square






Walk towards the Sistine Chapel, gorgeous right?

Here is another walkway towards the Sistine Chapel



Famish from walking around Rome!

First meal in Rome.  Hubby shared his heart shaped ravioli.

Heart shaped ravioli

Our appetizers: Fried Mozerrella, Fried Chili, Fried Olives

At the Spanish Steps at Piazza di Spanga



At a sandwich shop

Gelato!!!  I had gelato every day I was in Italy.

More Gelato!
Another sandwich shop

More food pics!



Piazza Navona and the Fountain of Four Rivers

Remember the Piazza Navona in the movie Angels and Demons?  This is where it was shot




At the Famous Gelato di San Crispino as shown on Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment