Thursday, August 4, 2011

Penne for Baby

Before going further I want to add this is baby food Stage 2.

I made this recipe last week for my daughter.  She loves it!  I also love it (which was odd since I personally dislike peas)!  Seriously, if she didn't finish it I probably would have eaten it.  Remember, if you can't  eat your own baby's food, then why would you expect them to? 

My simple version of baby pasta recipe :
  • 2 handfuls of pasta (I use whole grain organic penne pasta.  My favorite pasta is penne pasta)
  • 3 tomatoes (cut slices)
  • 1 chicken tender (I use organic chicken. The pic shows 2 because 1 was for my dog)
  • 1 clove of garlic (cut up)
  • 1 handful of peas
Clockwise: Chicken,  tomatoes, peas, garlic



I placed the penne pasta in the rice cooker along with water.   I do not add salt to the water. 
Here, I place all the other ingredients on the steam rack.  I know when it's done when I see the tomato's skin start peeling.
All ingredients in the rice cooker have been pureed.  Baby food is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment