Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rosemary Chicken w/ Veggies

My daughter is a year older so that means more taste and variations are needed in her daily menu.  Now I  get inspired by adult food to create her meals.

This week's recipe of Rosemary Chicken with Veggies was inspired from this adult version:




Rosemary Chicken w/ Veggies:
(This makes 10 oz. ~ 2.5 servings for my daughter)

  • 0.50 lb of chicken breast (I usually get the organic kind from Whole Foods)
  • 3 sprigs of Rosemary (Figured this will be steamed so the more the better for taste)
  • 1 cup of frozen corn, carrots, peas, and green beans (Again, I got the organic bag from Whole Foods) 
  • Steam for 20 minutes
  • After everything is cooked you can puree until smooth or chunky depending on your little one's ability to chew food.
  • When everything has been pureed immediately put extras in freezer


I usually cube the chicken.  Ignore the 2 pieces that aren't cubed on the far left.  Those are for my dog.  


Here, I add 3 sprigs of Rosemary over the chicken.


Then fill up the tray with frozen veggies.




After 20 minutes everything is cooked and ready to be mixed!  Above is the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment