Friday, August 5, 2011

DIY: Party Centerpiece

I got these adorable centerpiece sticks from WH HOSTESS.  Yes, it comes with the ribbon too! If you saw the e-design board Kelly Lyden sent to me from this post here, you will notice what picture inspired me to make these centerpieces.  I want to show you how I made them.



The materials you need are: 
  • Kerr packing jars (you can use any jar you have at home doesn't have to be these.)
  • Flowers. I got mine for $1.00.
  • Moss sheets (I got mine at Michaels)
  • Foam to hold the centerpiece stick while in the jar.

Clockwise: glass jar, moss sheets, flowers, foam.
Here's a close up of the moss sheet I used.

My Kerr packing jar.  Aren't  my nails pretty? 

  I used wet foam.  You can find this at the floral section of your craft store.

Fake flowers. I chose this to match the theme of my daughter's
birthday party.


I inserted the wet foam into the glass jar.  I had to trim it for it to fit.
I lined the inside with the sheet of moss.  You can line first and insert the foam later.  Whatever is easier for you.


I inserted the stick into the wet foam.

I added moss on top.

I applied glue around the jar  and attached the ribbon.


I then topped it off with flowers!  You're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment