Monday, August 8, 2011

Training to sleep through the night

So my son is now 6 months old...why am I waking up every 3 hours??!!
No, my son is not waking me up.  It's actually my own biological clock that is waking me up every 3 hours.  After months of waking up every 3 hours, my body has gotten used to this new form of sleeping pattern.  So what do I find myself doing during the night ?? Pumping and blogging. 


I have been trying hard to train myself NOT to wake up every 3 hours at night and to only wake up when my son needs me...but at last everything I have done so far hasn't worked.  I even tired myself hoping to get more than 3 hours sleep...but that left me only feeling cranky the next day.  Is this what my son went through when he was waking up 3 hours...trying to be trained to sleep through the night?



My son is now sleeping 5 hrs through the night, so he just wakes up once for night feeding.  A lot of parents I know are surprised to learn he only started sleeping 5 hrs a couple weeks ago.  We would listen to endless advice on how to train your baby to sleep through the night and tried most of them for weeks...to only fail.  So after the last try, my husband told me to just let nature take it's course and eventually his body will learn sleeping longer hours means feeling less crankier and more happier.  Sure enough... it worked!  So I decided to do the same thing for myself.  We will see how long my body will take to go back to my old sleeping pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment