Monday, May 2, 2011

DIY Mother's Day Herb Window Box

Mother's Day is around the corner and I have been trying to figure out what to get my mom.  One afternoon I was browsing through the William Sonoma catalog and something caught my eye, a herb window box!

That's something my mom would love. She loves gardening and cooking. I was originally going to buy the herb window box as well as the herbs but I thought maybe I can do a do-it-yourself (DIY)  herb window box instead so I decided to head to the nearest home garden store, Lowes.
Herb selection at the Garden Center
When I arrived at Lowes I went to their herb garden section to pick out a few of their herb plants.  I got some basil, thyme, & rosemary. Next, I picked out a small box planter to put the herbs in. I didn't know they had such a selection. Since my mom likes simple things, I chose a simple box. Finally I got a small bag of potting soil and headed towards the cashier.

It only took a few minutes to put together.  I just need to get a Mother's Day card and my DIY Mother's Day herb window box is complete!

Mother's Day herb window box
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment