Saturday, April 30, 2011

Say Bye Bye to Plain Walls

Like all expecting mothers, when I found out we were expecting I became very excited about decorating the new baby's room.  I was on pins and needles trying to patiently find out whether our baby would be a boy or girl.  When I found out I was having a boy, I knew I did not want the typical blue room.

Instead, I wanted to use colors that were neutral.  After much thought I decided to go for brown and green.  I knew I wanted to cover the bare walls with a splash of color but painting was out of the question for me.  I didn't want to start a project like that knowing I have to finish it,  so I decided to look into wall decals.

I went into Pottery Barn Kids (PB Kids) and found some wall decals I fell in love with.  They had a yellow & brown giraffe and two brown monkeys which I thought would go well in the room.  I was at first intimidated by the size of the decals wondering if I can position them correctly on the wall and  hoping I would be able to stick them correctly the first time around.  When it came to putting the decals on, it was a lot easier than I thought.  I was able to peel the decals off, arrange them on the wall to my liking, and stick it back on the wall with no problem.  It only took me 15 minutes.  After putting them up, the wall was complete, and it no longer looked bare.   I actually had people who saw them and thought they were hand painted which was great since this was the look I was totally going for.

Giraffe and monkeys decals



  My sister also used decals from PB Kids to decorate her daughter's nursery. She chose a more intricate pattern of branches, leaves and birds.  It took her more than just 15 minutes since there were more sections to her decals as well as trying to balance each side perfectly.  She ended up taking 1 1/2 - 2 hrs putting the decals up due to the pattern she chose.  In the end, the wall gave a beautiful feel to the room.  She was satisfied with how the wall decal transformed her daughter's nursery.

"Hayley" decal
                                    

Overall, the PB Kids decals were fun to use and gave a great feel to the room.  If you want to fill in some bare walls consider using these PB Kids decals.

No comments:

Post a Comment