Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Fan Club

Trying to be green is something that I now try to do especially since I now have a little one to think about.  Have to think about little cupcake’s future.  So, when looking for a light fixture for her nursery I kind of knew I wanted a ceiling fan.  Since it only gets hot a couple days out of a year where we live, we didn’t want to install an A/C in our home.  A ceiling fan would be a more perfect way to cool my daughter’s room on those really hot summer nights.

I knew I wanted a light/ceiling fan that had clean lines giving a modern look to the room.  I also wanted a fan that was quiet when turned on. After looking for the perfect ceiling fan, I found one.  Of course the one I wanted was the one from Restoration Hardware, so I had to look for an alternative which didn’t hurt my wallet ($329).

Concept Ceiling fan from Restoration Hardware $329
After searching the web, I finally found one which was almost half the price and on sale at Lamps Plus!  I loved the price so much I decided to get it for all the bedrooms in the house.  I got the Casa Vieja ceiling fans for $170.00 each.   

We love the Casa Vieja ceiling fan because:
  • it's quiet
  • the light can be dimmed (which is very handy especially on nights when we have to change her diaper or do a feeding)
  • the fan has 3 speeds
  • it's an inexpensive way to cool the house
44" Casa Vieja Probe Ceiling Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment