Thursday, July 28, 2011

My 1st Puree

I'm starting solids with my little guy.  He's been eating rice cereal 3-4 weeks now, so I think it's time for some puree food.  I've been going back and forth to which one to expose him to...it will be the first puree food he is going to eat...so  I want to make sure he enjoys it.  Of course as a new mother you ask around, so that's what I did.  I was curious what other mother's chose as their baby's first puree food.  I even asked Mama B for some advice.  So which one did I choose...was it apple, banana, or avocado...hmmmmm. 

I ended up giving my son Red Delicious apples as his first Puree.

3 washed Red Delicious Apples
Here's the recipe, it's fairly simple and straight forward:

Placed quartered Red Delicious apples in a steamer.  I use my rice cooker to steam the apples

Quartered apples placed in the steamer basket

Once apples are tender, I let the apples cool. 

Tender Apples cooling


After the apples have cooled I remove the skin and puree it using my Cuisinart hand blender.

Puree Apple

I do a quick taste...delicious!  and it's now ready to serve.  Like Mama B, I place my purees in Munchkin's Fresh Food Freezer cups for storage.  Prior to serving, I usually mix in a little bit of breast milk.
Puree Apple in Munchkin's Fresh Food Freezer cups ready for storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment