Making baby food is simple. All you need are:
3.) containers to hold the baby food.
For items 1 to 3, I use the followiing:
- rice cooker w/ a steam rack. (I use a rice cooker because I cook in batches)
- Munchkin baby food containers
The hardest part is probably prepping and cleaning.
Recipe One: Peas, Corn, and Gala Apples
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic peas
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic corn
- 2 Gala Apples (sliced in cubes)
- 1/4 cup of baby water (This is just to make it less clumpy, so add to your liking)
(This makes 2 servings for my daughter who eats 4 oz. each meal and is now 11 months old)
|I place all ingredients on the steam tray of the rice cooker. Cook until fork can easily go through the apple slices ~ 15 min (w/ my rice cooker).|
|Puree peas, corn, and apples|
Recipe 2: Butter squash, roman tomatoes, and Pink Lady Apple
- 2 roman tomatoes
- 1/4 butter squash
- 1 Pink Lady apple (These aren't sweet as the Gala apples. They are a bit sour)
This makes 2 servings as well...so 8 oz total.
|My Cuisinart (gift from my mom just to make baby food), Munchkin baby food containers, peeler, knife, spoon, and ingredients.|
Place ingredients in steam tray of rice cooker. Cook until squash and apples are soft. Tomato skin will come off so it's easy to remove afterwards.
Afterwards, I immediately place the food containers in the freezer to preserve the nutrients. Never microwave baby food before serving, since food is often heated unevenly.