This recipe from Giada inspired me to make a similar dish for my daughter minus the salt.
Here's the adult version:
Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Lemon, Basil and Salmon by Giada
Here's my version of Giada's recipe:
- 8 oz of of whole wheat Spaghetti
- 2 cups of Spinach ( I use more since spinach is good for you)
- 0.5 cup of basil ( you can use more if you want more flavor)
- 0.5 lb of Salmon (cubed)
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- Steam the Spinach along with half of the garlic. Should only take a few minutes. Don't over steam!
- Boil the spaghetti. After it's been drained toss in the steamed spinach along with garlic
- Steam the salmon with rest of the garlic and basil for flavor
- After salmon is cooked toss in with the spaghetti and spinach.
- Squeeze half a lemon.
- Put pasta in your food processor and blend depending on how chunky and smooth your baby is able to swallow.
- You are done!